DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DISHES prepared by V. Camille Thomas. Delivery or Pick-up

Friday, December 3, 2010

French Toast


My mom, Henrietta Green Acox
circa 1990
Next to egg & rice, French Toast was a favorite breakfast in my childhood. My mom made the best French Toast in the world. In an attempt to pass on her recipe, I took the time to measure the ingredients so that future cooks would know exactly what amounts would be needed. I think I got it close to hers as possible. Try not to use fresh bread. Fresh bread tends to quickly absorb the liquid thereby becoming too soggy. Stale or close to stale bread works best.
Don’t be afraid of the amount of sugar the recipe calls for. It doesn’t taste as sweet as you may think. I made French Toast for my mom when she lived with me during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, Mom said my French Toast wasn’t sweet enough. Go figure!


French Toast Mixture

.

.


2 comments:

  1. I love French Toast but never have cooked it successfully. I can't wait to try this. It must be a Green sister thang cause my mom cooks great French Toast also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe this is a Green thing. I'm glad I watched my mom and learned from her, especially since she now can't see.

    ReplyDelete