DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DISHES prepared by V. Camille Thomas. Delivery or Pick-up

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sunday Dinner

May 2007 - Talent Show
5th grade
Sunday Dinner won’t be a typical Sunday dinner. Why? Because I have 2 additional teenagers in my home! Camille’s friends are spending the weekend with us. Camille, Alexis and Mekaylah have been together since their elementary school days. Back at Otter Creek Elementary, those three young ladies were inseparable. They each possess beauty and brains. In the 5th grade they entered their school’s talent show. I, along with the other girl’s parents, was a little nervous because our rhythmically challenged children decided to perform a dance routine for the show. Shockingly and in spite of some great competition, the girls were the best performers for the show. Although the talent show was not judged, the girls were spotlighted as the grand finale of the show. The best were saved for last.

Camille, Alexis, &
Mekaylah ( May 2007)
Camille’s friends are like family. They are very much at home in our home. They’ll cook, do hair, get into my make-up, and beg to wear my shoes. Along with my other at home daughter, Catherine, friends, I have a very large extended family consisting of many “children”. I love my life. Catherine’s friend, Gabby, usually spend a portion of her Sunday with us. Coincidently, that time is usually at the dinner hour.

So what does one prepare for 5 hungry teenagers? SPAGHETTI & MEATSAUCE.


Camille, Mekaylah, & Alexis
September 2010 - 9th grade

Sorry no recipe. I dumped some Ragu Tomato, Garlic & Onion Sauce in the pot. I doctored it up with a few more seasonings and sugar. Sugar just may be a New Orleans thing. I got the sugar tip from my sister.

Here’s the Sunday Menu:
Spaghetti & Meat Sauce
Green Salad
Garlic Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment