DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DISHES prepared by V. Camille Thomas. Delivery or Pick-up

Sunday, January 2, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

What a way to bring in the New Year! January 1, 2011 I was SICK. I've been suffering with a really bad cold since Friday. The family was thankful I had completed preparing our New Years meal.

I am not one who is overly traditional nor superstitious. Me and my family are not fans of black-eyed peas, nor do we eat cabbage. As a matter of fact, let me make this clear----Chitterlings aren't welcomed in our home either! 

So what does a non-traditional family eat on the first day of the year:

White Beans & Sausage & Rice
Gumbo
Almond Pound Cake

By the way, Catherine baked the cake. She volunteered. What a shock, considering she is not the domestic type. The cake was delicious! I'll post pics and recipes when I'm feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment