DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS DISHES prepared by V. Camille Thomas. Delivery or Pick-up

Friday, November 12, 2010

Breaded Pork Chops


Orage Bell, circa 1986
 Working at Coca-Cola privied me to the world and teachings of Mr. Orage Bell. Bell was an older gentleman and  fellow Lab Tech who took me under his wings. Not only did he teach me job skills, but also life skills. Over a 2 year period, Bell generously shared insightful wisdom in the areas of, lab test, job production tips, money management, male/female relationship, buying the right car, as well as the history and other facts relating to the Masons. Oh yes, Mr. Bell was a proud Mason. More importantly, Bell could cook! He was my mentor who was  a huge influence on my life during that time. It was at Coca-Cola that I "grew up". I greatly benefited from his insightful wisdom. His love for cooking and sharing became the catalyst that helped me to become a much sought out caterer and a great cook for my family .


Me, hard at work & looking very surprised.
We were working the night shift when Bell brought mouth watering pork chops. The chops were so good that I went home and slapped my momma and my daddy. Well, maybe not, but I did prepare the pork chops for my parents. Back then, I lacked culinary skills, however, this dish became a highly requested meat for me to prepare. It took a long time for me to reveal the "secret ingredient" that caused those chops to taste so goo-googily-good. Thanks Mr. Bell for sharing the secret with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment